Online Training to Become a NCBC Affiliate
Required viewing for the designated NCBC Program Coordinator
This engaging video training will equip and inspire your organization to start a Next Chapter Book Club program. Topics, presented by multiple speakers in a dynamic format, include:
• The Program Coordinator's Role and Responsibilities
• The Facilitator's Role and Responsibilities
• How to Secure a Public Site for Club Meetings
• How to Recruit Book Club Members
• How to Recruit and Train Volunteer Facilitators
• How to Facilitate a Book Club Meeting
• How to Select and Procure Books
• How to Form a Partnership Between a Library and a DD Agency
• A Book Club Demonstration
• A 90-Day Action Plan
Becoming a NCBC Affiliate is now more convenient and affordable. No travel costs required! You may purchase this high-quality training video at any time, but you must complete four simple steps before you'll be able to access the content.
• Submit an Inquiry Form
• Participate in a telephone or Skype interview with NCBC staff
• Review NCBC Standards of Practice
• Sign and submit the NCBC Affiliate Agreement
Once these four steps are completed and payment (credit/debit card or check) has been received for the training order, you will be given full access to the video content. The three modules (which total approximately 2.5 hours) can be watched consecutively in one sitting -- or on multiple occasions during a 30-day period by one or more viewers associated with your Affiliate.
A 30-minute follow-up telephone consultation is also included. Additionally, you will have access to a separate one-hour Facilitator Training video for 90-days at no charge and complete access to our private Affiliate Forum where you can connect with people from other Affiliates and download important documents.